Working at Funk
By joining the Funk Family, you are joining a global community of builders, engineers and bowling enthusiasts. We believe that “Creating Exciting Bowling Experiences” is about more than bowling. It’s about bringing people together to share experiences and make memories. This vision applies to not just our customers but our staff as well. We are a young and fast-growing company that fosters personal growth and an entrepreneurial mindset.
We carry on the spirit of our founder Karl Funk who had nothing but a vision and the utmost dedication to seeing his vision come to life. “Hands-on” is not just a buzzword for us, it is what we expect from every employee and vice versa.
We are in the process of building a global team which is the foundation of our quality promise we make to our customers. Do you want to become part of an exciting journey that both pushes the bowling industry forward while also pushing yourself?
Please check out our open positions below or feel free to send us your resume directly.
Start your career at FUNK BOWLING – SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
OFFICE MANAGER - Sterling Heights, MI
FULL TIME or PART TIME
Funk North America Inc. is looking for an organized and self-motivated Office Administrator who will be responsible for providing administrative support to our team. The Office Administrator’s role will include working closely with our leadership team by handling clerical duties, coordinating calendars, and being the fore-front of our sales-effort.
In order to be successful in this position you should be detail-oriented, professional and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The most valued skill is being able and willing to learn quickly and to grow with the company.
- Welcoming visitors and taking phone calls
- Carrying out clerical duties such as responding to emails, and preparing documents, including office correspondence, memos, resumes, and presentations.
- Coordinating domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations.
- Producing reports, composing correspondence, and drafting new contracts.
- Creating presentations and other management-level reports.
- Performing bookkeeping tasks via QuickBooks such as invoicing, monitoring accounts receivable, and budget tracking.
- Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities, and equipment.
- Performing other relevant duties when needed.
- 3 or more years’ office administration experience.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access), QuickBooks and Google G-Suite.
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- High entrepreneurial mindset and initiative.
SALES SPECIALIST - Sterling Heights, MI
Funk North America Inc. searching for an innovative Sales Specialist with a great entrepreneurial mind to join our team. The Sales Specialist will be tasked with following up on incoming leads, generating leads and maintaining relationships with our clients. The position will have an opportunity to offer input for marketing and budgeting with insights and forecasts that directly influence top level strategy.
To be successful as a Sales Specialist at Funk, you should be able to explain our product and service specifications clearly and concisely. Top candidates have excellent problem-solving and people skills.
- Coordinating directly with the global sales team and top management.
- Providing product demonstrations to staff and clients, and taking the lead when resolving complaints.
- Conducting bowling market research and sharing findings with the team.
- Working alongside the team to draw up strategies to increase customer base.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers that are built on trust, and encouraging the rest of the sales team to follow this example.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in marketing.
- Pro-Activeness in coming up with new ideas and sales strategies.
- Directly impacting the development of our products and services based on markets needs and customer feedback.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to think on your feet.
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Strong networking abilities.
- Ability to diagnose problems and find solutions.
- Ability to remain professional.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime when required.